DIY: Name Wall Decoration for Nursery

Oh yea.. we decided to only have one "N" in her name... :)


What you need:
  • Fleece or felt fabric
  • Scissors
  • Marker
  • Acrylic paint (optional)
  • Paintbrush (optional)
  • Thin cardboard of some kind (I used file folders)
  • Hot glue gun with glue sticks
  • Picture hanging hardware (dollar stores carry them)


Step 1:  Cut your letters out of your fabric. It helps to cut out rectangles the size you want your letters to be (so they are uniform) and then use a marker to draw them before cutting out. I made my letters extra cute by having circles at the ends of my letters.
Step 2 (optional): Paint a cute design on your letters. I painted the circles on the ends of my letters a slightly darker pink than my fabric.

Step 3: Use your hot glue gun to glue strips of your thin cardboard to the back of your letters. This will make the letters less floppy and so much easier to hang!


Step 4: Hot glue the picture hanging hardware to the back of your letters where you would normally nail the pieces into wood and hang! I personally used the blue sticky stuff that you use to hang posters because I am not allowed to put holes in my walls, but I assume that the hardware would make them more secure. I'm going to put Lynaea's name above her crib. I can't wait!



                   post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment