The Insanity That is Now My Life

I think that I am genuinely going insane.

I find myself worrying about everything and anything that could potentially harm my baby. Today's paranoia: toxoplasmosis from the evil vermin named Scruffles, Butterscotch, Fluffy, Chubs, Cupcake, and Dum Dum. The kittens.

Today I mopped my floor three times because of the bacteria that the cats could have tracked through my house from their litter (it was tracking everywhere because it was in a room without a carpet). If I didn't mop then it could get on my feet, and if it got on my feet it could get everywhere! That was my mindset at least. I think that if I had counted how many times I washed my hands, feet, or used hand sanitizer it would range in the 30's.

Needless to say, when my husband got home from work I made him move the cat litter to a more remote area of the house where it won't get tracked from. Crisis averted.

I heard that this is normal and it is just my mother's instinct kicking in (Google is my go-to advice giver). I never could have imagined how strong it would be, and I'm sure it's going to get much stronger once my baby is finally here. My poor children will be the ones with fifty layers of clothing on as soon as the first snowflake falls. I can feel it.

Ah, the joys of motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jenn! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wanted to let you know that I have a review blog. I haven't written about the Rockin' Green on there yet because I'm still talking with the company. Most people I hear talk about it LOVE it. But for my friend and I we aren't so happy with it. We're wondering if there was just a bad batch.
    I'm not tryin to be pluggy or anything. But you mentioned having a site for mommas to get informed about some stuff. So I thought I'd let you know about my reviews. I just did a whole cloth diaper week. So you can find quite a few reviews on cloth there.
    Good luck with cloth diapers!

    Eliza
    personal blog- http://elizaraethornton.blogspot.com
    review blog- http://inthe-mommybusiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete